Friday, January 10, 2014

Hmong and Vintage


I am so excited to share this post with you all. I am so in love with this Hmong outfit that I purchased at the Hmong New Year. What I love the most about the Hmong New Year is seeing all the new fashion trends. Over the years, there have been amazing and innovative interpretations of traditional Hmong clothing. The streaming trend this past New Years was the vintage Hmong fabrication. It was surprising to know the prices of some of the pieces, but they are indeed very stylish. I purchased two outfits in this design and fabrication. For this post, I wore the Hmong pants with textured fabric along the sides and a cropped jacket with a mandarin collar. The jacket had textured fabric along the arms, the front and the back. I am not a fan of cropped jackets, but for this outfit I couldn't pass it up. 

There were many outfits that had similar features and fabrication. But the one detail that made me decide on this particular outfit was the red floral strips at the bottom of the pants. I instantly fell in love with the pop of color and contrast design. The hardest part about this post was actually the title of the post. Everything else came about smoothly. 

What was your favorite Hmong outfit this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment